With both home visits and clinics, Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Clinic wants to assure women that they can overcome to live fulfilling lives. It offers expert assessment and and special treatment for a number of pelvic conditions. The pelvic conditions include:
- Pelvic Floor Weakness: Some symptoms include loss of bladder,wind and faeces control
- Overactive Pelvic Floor Muscles: Is a condition where the pelvic floor muscles experience increased voluntary or involuntary contractile activity or decreased ability to relax
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominis (tummy gap): It entails the space between your left and right belly muscles widening thus belly sticks out especially during pregnancy
- Chronic Pelvic Pain conditions caused by conditions affecting your bones, joints and connective tissues like pelvic muscle floor tension
- Bladder problems such as leaking urine and/or urgency
- Bowel problems such as faecal incontinence, difficulty emptying bowels/constipation
- Coccyx pain is a pain in or around the bony structure at the bottom of the spine caused by vaginal child birth or fall
- Dyspareunia/Vaginismus : pain that occurs before,during or after intercourse
- Vulvodynia: Pain on the area outside of a woman's genitals
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse: It occurs when a pelvic organ drops from its normal place in your lower belly and pushes against the walls of your vagina
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Clinic prides itself on keeping their clients information confidential.
The Key members of Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Clinic include:
- Physiotherapist: Usually involves someone with a degree in the physiotherapy and vast experience. The person also should be registered under a professional body.
- Secretary: Responsible for doing follow ups and booking appointments for the clients. Ensure that the client’s information remains private.
You have two options:
- Home Visits which vary with the distance
- Clinics which are set according to your preference whether alone or with a third trusted party
What to expect at Appointments:
First, is the interrogation to know your symptoms and conditions. Secondly, is the assessment depending on your symptoms. Finally, is the treatment plan depending on findings. After that is the follow up appointments. Each person is entitled to a chaperone.
At Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Clinic, there are various treatments:
- Education and advice
- Pelvic floor strengthening exercises
- Pelvic floor release exercises
- Breathing re-education
- Pilates exercises
- Yoga exercises
- Bladder retraining
- Dietary advice
- Pelvic floor stimulation
- Manual therapy
- Connective tissue release
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Clinic aims at making your life easy. We understand the condition well and thus how best to tackle it pelvic floor physiotherapy Toronto .